Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Saddest Memory

Author’s Note- This is the story of the time that I got the phone call by my dad and he told me that we have one less family member.

It was the day of the phone call. My father had called and he had told us that my grandfather was not with us anymore. I asked him, “What does that mean?” because I was very little and I didn’t know any better. He said, “Grandpa Martinson is dead.”  I was so sad that I forgot to respond. I was so worried and I just left the phone on the counter and I left to sit on the couch. My dad was still on the line. But I was so devastated that I just left it there.  My grandfather was no longer a part of my life.

My grandpa was the most upbeat and happy being in the whole world. He was a pilot for the Air force and also he was in the Army and Navy. He was the person who started the Waukesha air show. It was very scary because I went in his plane when I was very little. Then after that, he took me on a plane ride on every single one of my birthdays. I loved it.

If my grandpa was the greatest person and the nicest person in the whole world.In grandpa’s, I think that Donald Martinson is the greatest in the world.

No comments: