Friday, January 6, 2012

All Wrapped Up

Author’s note- This is a story about how wrapping paper feels during Christmas. I feel bad for it because of all of the trouble it goes through.

Hi, my name is Wrap. I am wrapping paper. I have gone through so much over the years. First I get rolled up on a hard cardboard roll, then I get shoved in a closet for years. I get cut at least twice a year and then ripped apart and thrown away, I go through so much pain. We wrapping papers have a lot to offer, but we can never show it because of the scissors, the ripping, the shoving and the recycling.


What I really don’t like is all of the trouble with the gift bags. Everyone likes using those because it doesn’t need any tape or scissors and I find that a huge advantage with the gift wrap. because they get to be reused and they are all shiny and they have handles. They don’t have to worry about getting thrown away. While we just have to sit and have no handles and we aren’t shiny and we don’t get reused.

With all of the talk of gift bags and the cutting and ripping, I just want  to say that the times that I have with seeing the kids face just glow with excitement  when they see that I am for them, They just start ripping and during the pain, I realized something, and that is that I am more than just paper, I am the secret that was meant to be told.

No comments: