Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Personal Narrative(Wedding Wacko)


Authors' Note: This is a story about when I was about 4 years old and I went to my uncle's wedding and I caught the bouquet.

Dear Diary,
                Today was the worst day of my life, first of all, I had to wear a hideous dress, and second of all, my shoes hurt like crazy. And to top it all off, I was wearing so much hairspray that it actually hurt to touch my own hair. Also, my mom went a little overboard when she put my makeup on… I may be four, but I know that I was wearing way to much make up.

The reason for all of this nonsense was because today, I went to a wedding. ALL of my cousins were there… Including the ones that are in college. I always feel really short against my cousins… mostly because they are all so tall. I really don’t like that feeling. I don’t really like the DJ either because he always kept playing slow songs.

During the after party, I caught the bouquet. I felt so embarrassed when everyone was asking me who I was going to dance with because when I caught it nobody thought that I was old enough to get married, so I had to dance with one of my cousins. I REALLY didn’t want to so I ran under a table and sat there for what seemed like 3 hours but I don’t think that it was really that long. I know that it was long enough to miss the dinner AND the cake!

Anyways, it’s late now so I got to go to bed and even though today was a total waste of time, I know that it wasn’t a waste of my life, because without it, I wouldn’t have an aunt right now.